- Certain connections have expiration dates, often times these dates are difficult to read, or have been rubbed off in our haste to hold on. Let go; your hands are meant for something different, something sweet, magical, something that will never feel like a burden or obligation.Your palms, heart, soul are sacred treat them as such.
- I find myself being called to the kitchen more often these days, it is fairly new grounds for me but it awakens my hunger (^_^) for knowledge, a hunger I thought slipped away on this journey to adulthood and financial stability.
- I live poems, more so than write them.
- Slowly surely becoming.
- I love him, and that isn’t the best part of my story, rather it’s a reason to take more time enjoying each sentence.
- He’s says I give out love the way some people give out candy.
- I feel immense sadness when I donate books.
- I am the protagonist, I remind myself whenever I feel overwhelmed, I am the protagonist.
Danielle LaPorte (via cosmicroots)
"Pac was probably one of the first male figures that I had in my life that saw the beauty and the talent and my intelligence separated from sex.
That’s something that a young girl usually gets from their father. I didn’t have that. Pac was the first one, that it wasn’t about sex. It was about you, you are a beautiful woman, you’re talented, you’re strong, I respect you and you are my girl.
You’re gonna sit right here and I’ma protect you, and I’ma make sure, if nothing else, you get what you need, and that’s what our relationship was like.”
- Jada Pinkett-Smith (Arsenio Hall Show)
“It makes me think that what I like in trees I like in people too, because I prefer by far the warmth and softness to mere brilliancy and coldness. Some people remind me of sharp dazzling diamonds. Valuable, but lifeless and loveless. Others, of the simplest field flowers, with hearts full of dew and with all the tints of celestial beauty reflected in their modest petals.”
- Anaïs Nin
Flying Lotus - Fall In Love
Posting some Jay Dee stuff every now and then in honor of J Dilla month. This will always and forever be my fave J Dilla tribute. RIP Yancey.
Medicine for Melancholy (Dir. Barry Jenkins, 2008)
"I love this city. I hate this city, but I love this city. San Francisco is beautiful … you shouldn’t have to be upper middle class to be a part of that."
Dwyane Wade on Gabrielle Union
*side note: Gabby wins(via stylishmorning)
Gimme dat…all of dat.